Andy-
At
http://reviews.iwon.com/pscAudioReview/Nakamichi,Dragon/PRD_121132_1595crx.aspx
I read "my Nakamichi Dragon was completely serviced by Electronics Service
Labs in Connecticut... where they actually know what they're
doing!!!"  Same reviewer also says, "Weaknesses: Complex machine. Expensive
to service and refurbish. (Plan on about a grand to get it "better than
new") "  For several years I used the Nakamichi 550, a portable tale deck,
to record a professional chamber group at various sites around New
York.  It was a wonderful portable, about the best except the Nagra.   Now
I live in Los Angeles, not far from Nakamichi's western repair shop, which
I have used for repair of my 550 with good results.  Nakamichi stands by
its products and doesn't shy away ffrom one that's "older."--  Jerry Green