Sorry, guess I wasn't very clear there, was I?

Our collection will eventually consist of roughly 15,000 Mitsui Gold CD-Rs, each of which holds one copy of an analog recording. Say 6,000 will be in a semi-closed archive, used only when the mp3 copies do not have high enough sound resolution for our linguistic researcher. 9,000 will be stored in a closed archive, only handled to make another CD copy if one of the 6,000 is lost or damaged. Between the semi-closed and closed archives, we'll have five copies of each recording, each on a separate CD.

Is that enough information? Thanks so much for your help.

Holly

Don Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 02/03/04, Holly Dzyban wrote:
> My organization is currently in the planning/creation phase of a
> digital recordings archive. I am trying to write the refresh plan, and
> was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as how and how often to
> check or replace the 12,000+ CDs in our collection.

Are these commercial, moulded CDs, or are they CDs written in a
computer?

How often will they be handled?

Regards
--