Hopes this helps    -----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of RA Friedman
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 7:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound Archives. Boston Public Library.

  All the links I pulled up were dead. I'm running the latest version of
Internet Explorer. What kind of files are they supposed to be? I've seen a
lot of Real Audio files that didn't run properly since they were the default
multi-rate but were being used in a simple server arrangement where you need
single rate files. Unfortunately, the free R.A. software (Helix Real
Producer) no longer allows you to create single rate files for use on a
conventional server.

  RA Friedman

  Don Saklad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Why would the player not work for the sound archives?...
    of Boston Public Library at
    http://www.bpl.org/soundarchives

    BPL personnel are adamant about any difficulties being at the users'
    end rather than difficulties of the player software. It does not
    represent good customer services practices to put the onus on the
    users!

    It's always a good idea to offer an alternate player just in case
    a user would have difficulties with one of the choices.