        From: Encoded Archival Description List on behalf of Chris Prom
        Sent: Thu 3/25/2004 3:13 PM
        To: [log in to unmask]
        Subject: Re: CONTENTdm for EAD

        Kathlene,

        We use CONTENTdm to serve image collections and to a more limited
        extent as a page turner for books and manuscripts.  I do not
        believe it will work with EAD, since it is really intended for a
        different purpose.

        It may be possible to jerry-rig something, since the developers
        claim that it is xml-aware.  But for the most part this means it
        can output dublin core or other xml records, not ingest xml.  As
        I understand it, then only import format it accepts is tab or
        comma delimited.

        Chris

        --

        Christopher J. Prom