In the past, I've not had a problem generating a 'Your term would be here'
entry in a scan user interface because the terms would invariably be
ordered in an intuitive fashion and I could check (previous < term and
current > term) or (current == term)

Given the recent discussion of stemmed or otherwise modified terms, this
is no longer the case.  I cannot check that the term returned == the term
requested. Nor can I rely on the ordering to be alphanumeric.

My suggestion is an extraTermData extension marking the term as being the
requested one in a form suitable for searching, even if it's not
identical to the request.
Also two extraTermData fields, one marking the term immediately before
where the requested term would be and one marking the term immediately
after.

Thoughts?

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
,'---/::::::::::.    Nebmedes:  http://nebmedes.o-r-g.org:8000/