Hello gang,

What Ron suggests could be true, except that the Library of Congress is
very protective and keeps us up to date on anti-virus software.  If I
didn't have McAfee Anti-Virus scanning every day and updating its virus
library almost as often, one might think I was spreading this bug
along.  The Library's anti-virus software by McAfee  has been blocking the
W32/Denis worm that carries the "toy.exe" file attachment since May
2002.   Here's more about it
<http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99471.htm>.  (Just to make sure, I
manually updated and scanned again - nothing there.)

Sorry folks, but it's more likely that the problem is with a list member
who doesn't not have current anti-virus software.  In this case, it looks
like the offending computer knows about my address and the address for the
amfellows list... which could be anyone on the list.  All you need is this
worm, and email addresses in your address book or your email archive to
spread it.  (How these are spread depends on the virus or worm.)

And so, I continue to preach... If you don't have it, please get anti-virus
software and subscribe to the update service.  Please get the the updates
often, and please run the software daily and with your email uploads.

By the way, for "ad-ware," "spy-ware," and their ilk, I've been very happy
with Spybot, available here: <http://www.safer-networking.org/>.  (Note, I
prefer the Univ. of Michigan download page, which is just a link, and not a
trip to another site. If it doesn't come up right away, you may reload the
site's download page until it does, or just use another download site.)

Betty