Jerome/Ray

   I too allude to METS and the Mets in my NASIG 2002 PPT presentation
titled

"Seize the E!: The Eclectic Journal and Its Ramifications" which I
self-archived at

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/SeizeTheE.ppt

I subsequently wrote an article based on the presentation for the
official proceedings
which I've self-archived at

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/SeizeTheE.pdf

SUMMARY. In recent years, an increasing number of electronic journals
have embedded audio, video, and other multimedia within their
publication to augment their usefulness. In addition, some have further
enhanced
access and use with a variety of "eclectic" features,
functionalities,
and content, such as advanced navigation; font, format, and display
control;
modeling; personalization and customization options; and reader
participation.
In general, most cataloging records, however, do not reflect
such components, depriving users of the necessary information and
instruction
that could facilitate use. A variety of recommendations and options
are reviewed as possible solutions.

   Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Native Bronxite Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

At 01:57 PM 4/5/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Very timely announcement, Jerry!  ("Opening Day".)
>--Ray

I suppose I should have waited a week if I wanted to really be on
the mark.  And for those outside the US wondering what the *heck*
Ray and I are going on about, see
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=nym.

Jerome McDonough
Digital Library Development Team Leader
Elmer Bobst Library, New York University
70 Washington Square South, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10012
(212) 998-2425