From: Ann Tomoko Yamamoto <[log in to unmask]>

>I've been able to find out so far that the recording was done at the
>American Record Company's warehouse in Dallas on 6/20/37. Also,
I've read that the recording equipment used 1-1.5 inches of hard
beeswax, cut with a diamond needle, and the master was kept under
ice to keep it from melting.

ARC was using the new metal-based lacquer discs (maybe Presto?)
for master recordings on the November '36 sessions in San Antonio,
so it would be surprising if they reverted back to the extremely
cumbersome beeswax masters for the June '37 Dallas sessions.

Andrew Brown

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net