I remember many years ago seeing an ad in Goldmine
for a guy that promised a superslick treatment for vinyl
which I think used powdered graphite as a way to fill
in tiny holes and crevices that are in the groove itself.
I was wary of putting graphite on my records at the time
and the idea still strikes me as somewhat questionable.

  Can anyone comment on the Silicone and/or Graphite
application procedure? By the way, the idea behind the
graphite was identical to what Mike mentions below, the
reduction of friction in the groove path.

I doubt that Dr. Goldman thinks this is a good idea.
And I am equally sure he has some sound reasons for that thought.

Anyone care to comment yea or nay on this question?

aa