In a message dated 5/7/2004 11:05:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
It would seem to me, that the creation of analogue recordings are still, at least while we can still obtain blank mag stock, a very safe conservative approach in case anything was to happen to the server or the files.

I am very excited that you posted this question, and wait with anticipation for the results.

If magnetic media are still being used, I would be very interested in knowing exactly what brands and type numbers are selected and why they may be considered to have the longevity of the formulations of the '60s and not the instability of the materials used in the '70s.

Mike Csontos