I thought (hoped) one or the other would always be enough to identify
the issue. Ack, lousy editors all have to do their own thing... :)

Ok, you can still use something like

<part>
    <detail type="volume" order="1">
        <number>30</number>
    </detail>
    <detail type="volume" order="2">
        <number>Winter</number>
    </detail>
    <detail type="issue" order="3">
        <number>1</number>
    </detail>
</part>

(Assuming there are multiple seasonal sub-volumes within a numeric
volume.  If the publisher's wacky enough to have multiple volume numbers
per season, just swap the order attributes.)

On May 12, 2004, at 10:16 AM, Andrew E Switala wrote:

> A better solution might be to treat seasonal issue names as issue
> numbers (since that's what they take the place of):

Actually, that's not always true.  It's common to have both issue
numbers and months/seasons.

Bruce