At 04:24 PM 6/28/2004 -0400, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

Let me add another comment. MS Word offers not one format of DOC, but many.
I know of no program but the latest version of Word from MS which will
handle the newest; where I want to preserve formatting from MS Word, I save
the file as RTF - preferably, WordPad RTF which is nearly universal.

For text documents, an easy solution is to copy the DOC and paste it into
your e-mail client (mine happens to be Eudora), removing all residual
formatting thereafter (e.g., italics, bolding).

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/