Help! I'm Damaged and I Can't Circulate!:
Repair Options for Circulating and Reference Collections
ALCTS-PARS
ALA Annual Conference, Orlando, FL
Saturday, June 26, 2004, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
J.W. Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Resort Del Lago 3

Tipping in errata slips and replacement pages, torn and worn covers and
text-blocks...What options are available for libraries with few
resources?  Many libraries have a need to treat damaged circulating and
reference collections.  By incorporating basic collections care
strategies, libraries can prevent or delay the need to purchase
expensive replacements, and can often quickly return items for
circulation and use.  This program will present methods for developing
an in-house collections care program, as well as, provide suggestions
for working with commercial library binders.

Speakers:
Julie Arnott, Preservation Services Manager, SOLINET
Werner Haun, Collections Conservator, Library of Congress
Heather C. Kaufman, Preservation Services Lib./Collections Conservator,
MIT Libraries
Paul Parisi, President, Acme Bookbinding
Rebecca Stuhr, Collection Development & Preservation Librarian,
Grinnell College

Werner Haun
Collections Conservator
Head of Collections Care Section