On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:07:51 -0400, "Dempsey,Lorcan" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

> The Library of Congress Name Authority File is available for human and
> machine interaction (the latter as a web service as you suggest).

Cool! And I see you have a persistant uri associated with each file.

> We have a demonstrator working internally where we use it to provide a
> name lookup service from within a local instance of Dspace.

DSpace, BTW, really needs to support MODS.  Research tools without good
bib metadata (and ultimately a way to integrate that into document
creation) aren't very useful for this researcher ;-)

> One could imagine a variety of ways of capturing a string for sending to
> the web service.

Yes, a web browser bookmarklet is one. Another is specific to OS X:
services.

Bruce