Bruce> OK, I was playing with a solution to initialized names earlier.
Bruce> Logic is:

Bruce> All given names have their own nameParts.
Bruce> If such namePart only contains one character, it is understood
Bruce> to be initialized.
Bruce> If not, it is not initialized.

Bruce> Is that generalizable?

Scope question: Is MODS intended to work with non-Roman languages?
Single-character Chinese names would break this logic.

Tod A. Olson <[log in to unmask]>     "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
Sr. Programmer / Analyst            "If you weren't mad, you wouldn't have
The University of Chicago Library    come here," said the Cat.