Here are two references a quick Google search pulled up:

<http://genealogy.about.com/od/naming_patterns/>

<http://www.fact-index.com/l/li/list_of_personal_naming_conventio
ns.html>

Sorry, the second one wrapped, a cut and paste job ;-) The second
also appears on a number of online encyclopedias .

Personally, I think the ONIX solution Karen mentioned is the most
elegant I have seen with the concept of a key name being
brilliant.

Doug

 On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:28:21 -0400
"Houghton,Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

Doug M-C
   Email: <lists AT morrison-cleary DOT info>   Key ID: D5CC3E8F
Email, signature, & copyright policies:
<http://hildormen.net/policies.html>