Hi Renée,
    FWIW, <dateCaptured> contains broadcast dates in my database, since it corresponds to 033 "Formatted date/time and/or coded place of creation, capture, or broadcast associated with an event or the finding of a naturally occurring object."  Sometimes the corresponding MARC fields cross-referenced from the MODS user guidelines help whenever it's not clear from the guidelines alone what field I should use.
--Andy

>>> [log in to unmask] 2004-06-28 12:15:22 >>>
Hello,

I've been looking at MODS as it relates to music materials, and I have a few questions:

* I'm wondering exactly where one puts Date of Composition and Date of Broadcast. I'm assuming this information goes in <dateOther>, but perhaps Date of Composition could go in <dateCaptured>?

* How does one account for 600/610/611 $t? This would be rare with scores and sound recordings, but it's possible that an item might contain enough information about a work to justify such an entry.

Thanks very much for your help.

Renee McBride

Renée McBride
Humanities & Music Cataloger, UCLA