On Jul 22, 2004, at 7:55 AM, Dan Pisarski wrote:

> Please reply to me directly unless the list admins feel this
> discussion would be good for the list, and thank you for your

I don't know about other people, but I always am curious to see what
people are using MODS for myself.

I'm just a scholar trying to promote its use in the free software world
to facilitate alternatives to commercial  products like Endnote. One of
the reasons for MODS -- beyond that it is much simpler than MARC, and
that it now has good support for coding of parts like journal articles
-- is that it is sponsored by the LoC, and so I hope to see MODS
records increasingly available via web services and such in the future.

Bruce