I've been away and thus am only getting to these series of messages from
Renee with various responses.

1. I would consider date of composition as a date of creation
(mods:dateCreated). There was some discussion of whether dateCreated is
for the manifestation or the work. I guess that is all debatable. But in
the case of a composed work I would expect dateCreated to be the date it
was composed.

2. Others suggested dateCaptured for broadcast date for reasons already
stated; I concur with that.

3. Subject contains subelements for name and title, so a name/title as
subject would go there (as previously suggested). So it would be (as Karen
Coyle suggested):
<subject>
  <name>
  <titleInfo><title>
</subject>
It looks like it was left out of the MARC/MODS mapping unintentionally.

Rebecca