In my MARC cataloging of music printed with Cyrillic title pages, I use the LC MARC cataloging term of the process: Romanization. Thus, they are  "Romanized records." Should MODS follow suit. This would then reflect the destination, so to speak of the "transliteration."

Ralph Hartsock                     [log in to unmask]
Senior Music Cataloger             Willis Library, Box 305190
University of North Texas          Denton, TX 76203-5190
FAX 940/565-2599      http://www.library.unt.edu/
http://www.library.unt.edu/music/default.htm

>>> Marc Truitt <[log in to unmask]> 7/22/2004 9:30:20 AM >>>
I like Karen's definition of of 'transliteration', although I would
observe its apparent ethnocentrism (linguo-centrism?).  Presumably, when
'Washington, D.C.' or 'San Francisco' are rendered in Chinese
characters, that, too, is transliteration.
Marc Truitt