            Network Bulletin  No: 04-34

            Date:   July 9, 2004

            Subject:     Staff, NLS
            Index term:   Travel plan for FY2005
            network requests for NLS staff visits

            NLS is now planning for travel for next fiscal year:  October 1, 2004-September 30,
            2005.  We rely upon your input in our planning process.  If you would like an NLS
            staff member to visit your library for a specific purpose, please submit your request
            on the enclosed form, noting the month and/or specific dates.  If at all possible,
            please avoid requesting visits for October.  These are difficult times for NLS staff
            to travel because of the fiscal year budget transition.

            Regular Network Services consultant visits to all regional libraries are made every
            two years as funds permit.  Consultant visits can be scheduled in conjunction with
            local consumer, volunteer, or professional events; however, we need to know these
            dates well in advance.  Generally funds do not permit us to make consultant visits
            to subregional libraries.

            NLS representatives are also available for workshops and special events.  These
            include consumer advisory committee meetings, Internet access overview for
            patrons, volunteer recognitions, volunteer recording workshops, machine-repair
            workshops, outreach campaign kickoff events, assistance with MLA inventory
            procedures, subregional library meetings, and open houses or dedications.  We will
            also consider other events.  Please provide as much information as possible about
            the type of visit desired.  Requests received after July 31, 2004, will be considered
            only as schedules and funds permit.

            Please e-mail your preferences to <[log in to unmask]>, or fax the attached visit request
            form to (202) 707-0712 by July 31, 2004.

            For further information please contact:

            Carolyn Hoover Sung
            Chief, Network Division

            Attachment

Visits Requested in FY2005

Name:
Library/agency:
Date:
Please try to schedule the following visit(s) at my agency:

[   ]   Consumer advisory
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   Internet access overview
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   General volunteer recognition
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   Machine and accessory inventory control
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   Machine repair recognition
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   Machine repair workshop
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   Special events
Specific or approximate dates
or
At NLS convenience
Length of time

[   ]   Other (Please specify.)

In the space marked "Other" above, please give additional information     such as reasons for
specific dates or individuals to help NLS plan.

Please e-mail your preferences to <[log in to unmask]>, or fax this form to    (202) 707-0712 by July
31, 2004.