Marie:
I began what was then called the Audio Center at Bowling Green State University in 1967, and then began the Popular Culture Library a little over a year later.  My title is now Sound Recordings Archivist in what is NOW called the Music Library and Sound Recordings Archives.  I joined the University as a faculty member and have been a full professor since 1992.  Check out both special collections' websites at the University's general site:

http://www.bgsu.edu

There is also an excellent (if I do say so myself) article about our collections in in the June 1998 issue of NOTES which I co-wrote with my colleague, Bonna Boettcher.

Bill Schurk
Music Library and Sound Recordings Archives
William T. Jerome Library
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH   43403
wschurk @bgnet.bgsu.edu
(419) 372-2308
Brandon Burke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Marie,

I imagine that a number of ARSClist participants are or have been sound
archivists at one time or another. For example, I managed the Richard F.
Wright Jazz Archive at the Unievrsity of Kansas for two years but am now
finishing up a Preservation Admnistration degree at UT-Austin.

Brandon Burke

Brandon Burke
Graduate Research Assistant
Digital Library Services
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX
phone: (512) 495-4439
email: [log in to unmask]

* "Stand up and face the full force of a dissonance like a man." *
* *
* -- Charles Ives *

Quoting Marie O'Connell :