Dear BIBCO liaisons,

The End Is Near!  end of the fiscal year, that is.

Deadline for BIBCO annual written reports--September 15
Deadline for BIBCO stats reports--at the end of August (specific date TBA)

Background:
At the end of each year, BIBCO member libraries send brief summaries of their activity PCC Annual BIBCO report.  Last year's report may be seen at:
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/bibco/bibcofy03.html

PCC reports are governed by the federal fiscal year schedule of October 1 to September 30, so we're looking for reports to cover that period--with a little adjustment.  We need to generate our final written and statistical reports by the end of September, before the actual year comes to a close.  Therefore, we're asking for your written reports by September 15.

We'll also close the books on statistical reports at the end of August when our programmer runs the BIBCO stats, and before he goes on leave for a few weeks.  Thus, your online displays for the year will probably end with the August numbers for an 11-month year.  Next year we'll tally the 12 months from September 1, 2004 to August 31, 2005.

I need to check with our programmer and let you know the exact cutoff date for BIBCO stats.

Please check your online displays for accuracy and make adjustments as needed:
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/stats/pccstats.html

Reminder--You may combine data from multiple months on your report, but please submit only one report each month.  Our program can handle only one report per library.

Thanks for your help, and let me know if you have questions.
Carolyn Sturtevant
Acting BIBCO Coordinator
Library of Congress
202-707-4551