This message is for those of you who are teaching cataloging in the fall
and who have used _Wynar's Introduction to Cataloging and Classification_
in teaching your course.

I want to let you know that a revised 9th ed. is at the printer's.
Chapters 4-7 in this text have been completely updated to incorporate
AACR2R, 2002 edition, and its 2003 update pages.  The MARC examples have
also been updated, and several typographical errors (what is the emoticon
for a red face?) have been fixed.  The other chapters in the book have not
yet been updated, but I'll be completing their revision for the 10th ed.
The revised 9th ed. should be out before the end of August.  So if you
want your bookstores to have the new version, please let them know.

Thank you,
Arlene

Arlene G. Taylor  **  Professor Emerita
Department of Library and Information Science
School of Information Sciences
University of Pittsburgh  **  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  **  voice: 412-624-9452
fax: 412-648-7001  **  http://www.pitt.edu/~agtaylor
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly."   --Richard Bach