Over the course of a few months earlier this year, Milicent Wewerka commented on the 'Issues to Resolve' document I prepared back in January. The attached file records the disposition I have taken in preparing a revised version of the Issues to Resolve doc, which I will make available directly.

[Im assuming the attachment will go through. Ill post somewhere online if not.]

In most cases, she simply agreed with the analysis and recommendations. In some cases, though, she suggested a change of one type or another. I did not mention items on which Milicent was in full agreement.

Of course, the point of preparing this doc is to make it easier for JAC members to follow whats been exchanged between Milicent and me and then process the revised Issues to Resolve document and settle on some decisions. One way this doc can help you is that it points out which items Milicent and I didnt completely agree on straight off, and of the others which were more difficult than others.

I hope that we can resolve all of these soon. Im preparing another draft of ISO 639-3 that reflects the proposed solutions Ive made with Milicents input, and those can be revised in a new draft after another round of balloting, but I would like to have your cooperation so that we can get it done during that cycle.

All of the items require your consideration, of course, but I would like to draw your attention to a couple of items that need particularly careful consideration:

6.15 Tibetan -- Milicent and I have fairly different ideas on what to do

7.3 Moldavian/Romanian the proposed solution involves a deprecation


<<Disposition of Comments from Milicent Wewerka-003.doc>> Peter Constable