Hi,

I have a quick question about transforming MODS documents into MARCXML. I
have a database that has the ability to output MODS records for sound
recordings entered in it. I was doing a quick experiment this morning to
see if I could transform this information into the MARC21 format, using
the stylesheets provided on the LoC site. Every time I run the
transformation (in OxygenXML using Saxon), I get the following error

E Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.               null

E Namespace prefix marc has not been declared   MODS2MARC21slim.xsl
file:/C:/xml/mods/MODS2MARC21slim.xsl

its pointing to  line 249 of the MODS2MARC21slim.xsl stylesheet

248     <xsl:when
test="mods:originInfo/mods:place/mods:code[@authority='marc']">
249             <xsl:value-of
select="mods:originInfo/mods:place/marc:code[@authority='marc']"/>
250     </xsl:when>

Does anybody know what's going here, I tried deleting the entire <choose>
(since I'm not using the originInfo tag yet, but I ended up with a
document contianing only the initial xml declaration.  Has anyone else had
luck using this stylesheet?

Thanks,

-Don

Donald Mennerich,  Archivist