Martha,

For a grant that I am now working on, it is estimated that an EAD document will take an average of about 2 days.  Of course, that varies, depending on how many vessels are in each collection, because our detailed descriptions at the end of the EAD contains a list of every vessel design in the collection.  For the collection I just finished that had 58 designs, it probably took me less than a day; however, Im looking forward to a collection that has over 500 designs, which will probably take me longer.  Hope this helps.

Beth Russell

Project Cataloger

Daniel S. Gregory Ships Plans Library

Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc.