On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Boehr, Diane (NIH/NLM) wrote:

> I'm a little concerned about the splitting of Cataloging and Metadata as
> topics.  Metadata should be the broad category and perhaps then have
> underneath categories of metadata, one of which is AACR2/MARC based
> (traditional cataloging) and then others like Dublin Core, ONIX, TEI, etc.

I agree with Diane on this point.

Judith Hopkins                          Phone:  716 645-2796
Central Technical Services              FAX:    716 645-5955
University at Buffalo Libraries         E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200             http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~ulcjh
        Listowner of [log in to unmask]
    (http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/units/cts/autocat)

    The views expressed are my own and not those of UB or its Libraries