The University of Washington requires all MLIS students to take an
Organization of Information Resources course.  We offer five "on the
book" electives, and continuously rotating Special Topics Courses in
information organization.

In our Masters of Information Management we require a Metadata,
Classification, and Taxonomy course.  There are also electives in
information organization in that program as well.

Likewise, our neighbor to the north, the University of British
Columbia, requires a Foundations of Bibliographic Control and offers
four elective courses in information organization.

Joe Tennis
University of Washington Information School