Hi all --

I'm struggling a bit with the function and relationship of c01, container,
physdesc, physloc.  As far as I can see, if I have a folder in Box 1
labelled "inventory" I can see at least four ways right off the bat to
represent it (and there are probably more):

<container label="box">1</container>
<physdesc>1 folder</physdesc>

<container>Box 1</container>

<physdesc>1 folder</physdesc>

Can somebody help me understand what the difference is, and/or which way
most closely aligns with what the various tags are intended to describe?
The EAD tag library at loc.gov gives an example where the box is one
container, and the folder is another container but you specify the box
container in the "parent" attribute.  This seems really awkward and unwieldy
(not to mention a pain to tag).  Does anyone actually do it this way??

Michele

---