Hello -- another question, this one regarding process of encoding finding
aids.  I'm interested in (a) who does the encoding and (b) at what point in
the process the encoding is done.  For example, I can see at least three
options right off the bat:

a) finding aids are originally written in EAD using authoring software (e.g.
XMeTaL)
b) finding aids are written in regular form (MSWord, etc) and then encoded
at the end by the processor
c) finding aids are written in regular form (MSWord, etc) and then encoded
at the end by a dedicated encoder (either in-house or out-sourced)

How do most people do it?  What pitfalls have you encountered with the way
you chose?

Any and all information is appreciated.  We're investigating starting this
process and would like to benefit from combined wisdom as much as possible!

Thanks

Michele Rothenberger

---