Hi there again.  You may have guessed that I'm preparing to give some
local training on the new AACR2 2004 update.  Here's another question that
I'd like to seek out some collective wisdom on:

If applying 9.5B3 to a sound or video file, do you think that the rules
also allow us to add the playing time that is recorded for sound and video
recordings in Chapters 6 and 7?  And if you wish to give the size of the
file as well as the playing time, would you give both in the statement of
extent, and how would that look?

For example, let's say I am cataloging a sound file that plays for 6
minutes and is 5.3 megabytes in size and that is in stereo.  Some of the
possibilities:

1 sound file (6 min., 5.3 megabytes) : digital, stereo., mp3 file

1 sound file (6 min.) (5.3 megabytes) : digital, stereo., mp3 file

1 sound file (6 min.) : digital, stereo., mp3 file
Note: File size: 5.3 megabytes.

1 sound file (5.3 megabytes) : digital, stereo., mp3 file
Note: Playing time: 6 min.

and I can think of some other permutations of the data as well.

What would you experts out there do?

--Adam

* Adam L. Schiff                     *
* Principal Cataloger                *