Cheryl -- I'm one of the trainers for the course and gave my first
workshop a couple weeks ago.  The materials are very clear, thorough and
appear (from evaluations) to cover the basic needs for catalogers using
LCSH.  The workshop was very well-received.  I will be happy to answer any
questions you have about the workshop.  --Steve