Hi Everyone,
I'd like to invite you to help us test a new venue for offering programs to
our many audiences.  Another colleague, Mary Mohr, and I have been field
testing web conferencing software and the types of programs and audiences
best suited for the medium.  So far, we've been working with public library
audiences that work with the blind, as well as members of the
sight-impaired community.

We'd like to broaden our pilot tests to include other audiences, and
thought we'd start with you!

Participation would be fairly painless.  At the very least, all you need is
access to a web browser on Dec. 8 at 2 pm, EST.  At the most, you'd want to
add a headset with microphone attached (mine came from Radio Shack).  This
particular program focuses on movies, so you'd want a computer that could
play the movies on the LC web site.

The software works behind the scenes on the web site and gives us the
capability to speak to each other over the Internet, do text chat, and
synchronized browsing (I click on a page and you follow.).

Of course, after the program, Mary and I would appreciate any comments
(program ideas, critiques, etc.) you'd care to send via email.  We hope you
will join us and help us explore the possibilities of this form of
electronic communication - as well as its potential mine fields.

The press release (with web site information) is below:

Library of Congress presents...At the Movies...Holiday Entertainment for
the Whole Family! From Edison's first films to high-tech webcasts, these
films offer a glimpse of life in schools, factories, leisure activities,
and towns. Put on the popcorn, adjust your computer screen (RealMedia and
Windows Media Player needed), and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 8, beginning at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 1:00
Central, noon Mountain, and 11:00 a.m. Pacific.

To attend go to http://www.tcconference.com/lib/?auditorium&nopass_field=1
Type your name and click enter to go into the online room.
If you have questions, contact Judy Graves at the Library of Congress at

Hope to "see" you Dec. 8th.  If not, have a wonderful holiday season,
Judy
Judith K. Graves
Digital Projects Coordinator
Library of Congress