From: perushek [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:02 PM
To: Logue, Zenny - CTR
Subject: Re: Book donations

Dear Mr. or Ms. Logue:
         Thank you so much for your e-mail and the kind offer of
materials
in your areas os specialization at the Defense Acquisition University.
We
are recovering slowly, but still have no electricity in 2/3 of the
library
building.
         Our losses were in the areas of maps and government documents.
If
any of your weeding were to come from those areas of your collection, we

would interested in your weeded materials.  We will be able to cover
postage charges for such materials.  So please send us a copy of your
list
of duplicate government documents and maps.
         I am very moved by how generous our coterie of librarians are
those of us in need.  Your gnnerostiy adds to these feelings.
                                                         Yours
sincerely,
                                                         Diane

At 04:18 PM 12/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Aloha!
>

>Please accept my sympathy for what happened to your library during the
>recent flood.  I was at the East-West Center as a research intern in
1978
>-80 and used the Hamilton Library quite often.  The Librarian then was
Ms.
>Sarah Vaughn.  I now have a family, live in Virginia and work at the
>Defense Acquisition University, David D. Acker Library, as a Systems
>Librarian.  Our library holdings are heavy on management, leadership,
>systems engineering, computer tools, and technology. We are in the
process
>of weeding out duplicate books.  Our Director is aware of your
situation
>and suggested I ask you whether you would want to have some of the
titles
>that we are weeding out.   If you can cover postage, we would be happy
>mail any titles you select to you.  Please let me know if you have an
>interest in seeing our list of duplicate titles.
>

>Mahalo,
>
>Zenny

>Zenny L. Logue
>
>Systems Librarian
>
>Defense Acquisition University
>
>Acker Library & Learning Resource Center
>
>Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060-5565
>
>703/805-4553
>
><http://library.dau.mil>http://library.dau.mil
>
>https://intranet.dau.mil/LI/index.asp

D.E. Perushek, University Librarian             [log in to unmask]
University of Hawai'i Library
2550 McCarthy Mall
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
Phone: 808-956-7205     Fax: 808-956-5968