To PCC libraries contributing NACO series authority records, and to NACO libraries who wish to contribute SARs,

PCC Series training has undergone substantial updating in the past year.  Here is a recap of the training opportunities for our series contributors.

Training options:
1.  Training sessions offered by PCC instructors onsite or at LC--you may ask for a trainer to visit you or you may attend series training at LC, usually done on a yearly basis in the fall.
2.  Training sessions conducted internally--institutions with an experienced, independent series authority cataloger may use PCC series training materials to train colleagues.

Resources:

In the October 2003, Judy Kuhagen (LC, CPSO), trained the first set of PCC Series trainers, following the model used for other programs to spread the training responsibilities among skilled instructors from our PCC partner libraries.  The trainers' names may be found at:
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/naco/series/trainerslist.html

Series training materials created for the October 2003 sessions have been revised recently.  Libraries who wish to use the trainee manuals will find PDF files on a web page, protected by a password.  Answers for exercises appear in Appendices H-I. You may request the passwords for these documents as instructed, and print copies as needed.  The series web site is:
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/naco/serieshp.html

In addition, PowerPoint slides may be used for internal training sessions.  These slides include trainers's notes.  There is a separate password for these materials:
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/naco/trainers/serieshp.html

We encourage PCC partners to make use of these and other training resources.

Carolyn Sturtevant
BIBCO Coordinator
Library of Congress
202-707-4551