Kathleene,

My quess is that the first problem is due to the entity not being
referenced correctly in your DTD file.  If you send me the your
test xml file off list, I can look at it, since this seems to be
some kind of problem with the Notetab application which I have
not seen before.

I was going to suggest that the second problem is due to not
having the java virtual machine installed, but since Katy Hayes
is having the same problem, there might be something else at work
there.  But if you hae not installed the java VM, I would try
that first.

Thanks,

Chris

--