I believe the same is true of XT. It used the virtual machine. But XT is
woefully obsolete at any rate, and you should be using something up to
date. Saxon or Xalan are both open source and current.

At 02:57 PM 1/6/2005, you wrote:
>OK; great! But since I'm not using Saxon, does the same type of thing
>apply to XT? Are there specific instructions for it?
>Thanks,
>Katy
>

>Katherine A. Hayes, Associate Archivist
>American Institute of Physics, Center for History of Physics
>College Park, MD 20740
>301/209-3179
><http://www.aip.org/history/>http://www.aip.org/history/

>Kathryn and Kathleene--
>
>I had the same problem last April, after changing from Windows 2000 to
>XP.  I posted to this list, and got the following advice from Bill Walker:
>
>1. Install Java.
>
>2. Edit the saxon.bat file (in EAD for NoteTab, it will be in the directory
>eadcb\batch)  Right now, yours probably refers to "saxon.exe".  Change it
>to this:
>
>java -jar c:\eadcb\transform\saxon6_5_3\saxon.jar -o %3 %1 %2
>pause
>
>Hope this helps; your setup may be a little different from mine, but this
>should be close.
>
>Best of luck,
>Amy
>
>Amy McCrory
>Archivist, Cartoon Research Library
>023L Wexner Center
>The Ohio State University
>Columbus, OH
>(614) 292-0538

Daniel V. Pitti, Associate Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
319 Alderman Library
P.O. Box 400115
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911-4115