At the risk of raising a different thread, why not use MARC rather than
EAD? Are these manuscript maps? While it is tempting to include the odd
map in an archive collection in the EAD catalogue, this looks like a
retrocon of a map catalogue rather than lists of archival collections.
If you want authority control, a library system based on MARC should
provide this far more easily than raw EAD. I've used both for map
cataloguing, and find MARC the better choice where there are no
particular reasons to use EAD.
Just a thought ...
--
# Richard Higgins