Message

I agree that it doesn’t logically belong in the English-name column. I was simply following the example of other cases, such as

-ji

yid

Yiddish [withdrawn]

yiddish

1989

Dep

The problem is that this is a note, but there’s no note column. Your suggestion moves the note into the Category of Change column, which is problematic in that it should only contain values Add, Dep, CC, NC or NA. A better solution might be the following:

639-1

639-2

English Name of Language

French Name of Language