On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:41 AM, Andrew E Switala wrote:

> It's true for top-level element declarations only. Local element
> declarations are scoped to their surrounding complexType definition:
> e.g. in MODS there are two elements named <extent>, both in the same
> namespace but with different types. One is local to the content model
> for <physicalDescription>, and the other local to the content model for
> <part>.

Isn't the whole point of a type library that the definitions are
global?  Not a rhetorical question exactly; I just can't see the logic
of this restriction.

Clearly you don't want people to be able to *use* the same definitions
in the same context, but to not even allow them to be defined just
seems silly.

Bruce