First, Karen correctly pointed out I was off-track.  Yes, this ought to
be handled in the translation attribute.  But, on this ...

On Jan 28, 2005, at 1:08 PM, Mike Rylander wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:34:22 -0500, Andrew E Switala
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Language is already separate from the title, thus,
>>
>> <mods>
>>   <titleInfo type="uniform">
>>     <title>Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban</title>
>>   </titleInfo>
>>   <language>
>>     <languageTerm type="text">Spanish</languageTerm>
>>   </language>
>> </mods>
>
> Except that 240$l gets embeded in the mods:title with the stock
> MARC21slim2MODS.xsl.  I suppose I could just remove that locally, but
> that seems like the WrongThing(tm).  And the <language> looks like it
> is taken from 041 in any case.

You mean you get this?

<titleInfo type="uniform">
   <title>Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban. Spanish</title>
</titleInfo>

If yes, that should be changed in the default stylesheet.  I'd call it
a bug ;-)

Bruce