On Jan 4, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Barbara B Tillett wrote:

> I like the structure, and presumably you'd throw in the dates when that
> position applied

Yes.  I just left it out because I wasn't sure of the details of how to
code that data.  I also wasn't sure if things like "United States" and
"Arkansas" are strictly "geographic" in this sense (I'm a geographer,
BTW; we're talking here technically about governmental bodies that
administer a geographic territory).

In any case ...

> and then we could also extend that structure to
> other corporate names (adding dates that apply for the changes to name)
> and to "works" (uniform titles) for things like serials that change
> titles over time

... sure.  I think restructuring things a bit makes a lot of things
easier.

Bruce