From: "Bruce D'Arcus" <[log in to unmask]>

> I think MODS/MADS instances should be in a single namespace, unless
> someone is embedding extra content in the extension element.  That does
> introduce the mild awkwardness of mods:title/mads:title,

I don't think so. This approach, single namespace, would mean that a single
schema would define both root elements, <mods> and <mads> (and whatever
other root elements) and then could *include* (rather than *import*) xml for
both mods and mads.  I believe this would avoid the need for prefixes.

And (as noted) it would also make processing easier.  I do think however,
from a "big picture" perspective, it would significantly inhibit
flexibility.

--Ray