AAGHH!!!
I hit the send button by mistake but I had it almost completed anyway.
Anyway, I hope I explained the problem correctly and I'm waiting
for input from the guys who know.

BarZ
Quoting Barzilai Spinak <[log in to unmask]>:

> I have just encountered a problem with the MODS 3.0 Schema.
> (I'm using the <oXygen/> XML editor which, I think, uses the Xerces parser)
>

> The problem in question is (copying from mods-3-0.xsd):
>
>   <!-- ********** language attribute group definition  ********** -->
>   <xsd:attributeGroup name="language">
>     <xsd:attribute name="lang" use="optional">
>       <xsd:annotation>
>         <xsd:documentation>ISO 639-2b</xsd:documentation>
>       </xsd:annotation>
>     </xsd:attribute>
>
>     <!-- ****** HERE!!!!! ******* -->
>     <xsd:attribute ref="xml:lang" use="optional"/>
>
>     <xsd:attribute name="script" use="optional"/>
>     <xsd:attribute name="transliteration" use="optional"/>
>   </xsd:attributeGroup>
>

> The validator "Cannot resolve the name 'xml:lang'..."
> Checking the XLM specification at W3C I find this comment:
>
> 2.12 Language Identification
>
> [...] A special attribute named xml:lang MAY be inserted in documents to
> specify
> the language used in the contents and attribute values of any element in an
> XML
> document. In valid documents, this attribute, like any other, MUST be
> declared
> if it is used. [...]
>

> So, MODS 3.0 does not declare de xml namespace and that's why the validator
> fails.
>
> For an example of how to do it right, I went to XML Schema's own schema
> definition at http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd
> I chose this because XML Schemas allow xml:lang for their xsd:documentation
>
> This is how the import it (minus the annotation):
>
>  <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
> schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd">
>    <xs:annotation>
>      <xs:documentation>
>        Get access to the xml: attribute groups for xml:lang
>        as declared on 'schema' and 'documentation' below
>      </xs:documentation>
>    </xs:annotation>
>  </xs:import>

     Conectese mas rapido y ahorre hasta un 50%
    Tel. 0909.2030 =>  $0,15 IVA incluido el minuto
http://www.internet.com.uy - En Uruguay somos internet