> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:11:34 +0000
> From: Dr Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
>
>>> But the GILS definition is clearly a subset of the DC one, so a
>>> search for resource with name X (dc.title) in a GILS database will
>>> find all the information resources that would have been found by a
>>> search for information resources with name X (gils.title).  So
>>> dc.title seems eminently suitable for this.
>>
>> What if you want information resources and you're searching a
>> non-gils (not exclusively gils) database?
>
> Then every context set needs to have every index redefined.
>
> What if you're searching a database of collectible cards and of
> books, and you want to limit the search to collectible cards.
>
> Well, the answer is in the question. You limit your search to
> collectible cards.  How do you limit searches in CQL? You add a new
> searchclause:
>
> dc.title = "curses foiled again" and dc.format = "ccg"

Totally correct.  We avoid the unnecessary multiplication of entities
by allowing the combination of orthogonal dimensions.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days
         attack me at once" -- Ashleigh Brilliant.