I do tape restoration so I'm not fighting the acoustic feedback issues the
disc guys fight. I do most of my monitoring on Mackie HR-824 powered
speakers. My new (under construction) room will have five of them. I also
use AKG K-240DF headphones for critical monitoring. I'm further planning on
installing an older pair of ADS-300 speakers in the studio as another
"check" speaker.

Since I won't admit to transferring discs in public, I'll further not admit
that I do the transfers with the speakers turned down very low or with
headphones.

Richard L. Hess                           email: [log in to unmask]
Vignettes