On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Mary R Bucknum wrote:

> I'm looking for information and advice about numbering large CD
> collections,
> especially from those with experience integrating CD's into an
> existing
> audio archive.

When I started both the circulating collection and the archival
collection, I chose accession number. Every disc has a full MARC record.
The circulating collection numbers over 30,000. You can see what we have
done at www.lib.utexas.edu   Choose "Research Tools" then Library Catalog
and do a call number search COMPACT DISC MU  for the circulating
collection, and HMRC CD for the archival collection.

Karl