Hello Jonathan,

I used the Sony MDR-7506 for quite a few years and find them to be
accurate and comfortable.  They currently sell for around $100, so they
are very reasonable.  Many sound engineers use them even after using
Beyer Dynamics & Sennheiser headsets.  Go here to get a wide assortment
of vendors and positive reviews:
http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_118049_2750crx.aspx#reviews

Good Listening,
Rod Stephens