Hello All,

I’m gathering information on “know-how” knowledges about tape identification. (audio, video, old one new one…)
Does anybody know or have some basic knowledges about how to read a serial number ? (for tapes or cassettes that have one printed on the backing, on the cassette, on a sticker on the cardbox….)
The informations I’m trying to extract from serials are : manufacturing date, manufacturing site, any information about technology or materials….

You can contact me off-list if you wish to share your knowledge with me.

Thank you very much.

Benoît THIEBAUT
www.prestospace.org
CRCDG - Centre de Recherches sur la Conservation des Documents Graphiques
FRE 2743 CNRS - MNHN - Ministère de la culture et de la communication
36, rue Geoffroy-Saint-Hilaire - 75005 Paris
Tél. : +33 (0)1 40 79 53 26
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 79 53 12